Physical education is an integral part of a students total education. Apart from the enhancement of mental energy and academic performance, physical education helps to develop in the individual a sense of physical well-being that translates itself into a confident self-image. A regular program of exercise and recreation can improve one’s quality of life. Our program offers something for everyone by placing emphasis on total participation rather than on the development of the gifted athlete.
The program emphasizes cooperation, good sportsmanship, and positive leadership through many different activities in a fun and safe environment.
Goals of the Program:
- Make exercise fun.
- Encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Develop and strengthen gross motor skills.
- Nourish a desirable level of self-confidence.
- Encourage creativity, problem solving, responsibility, and risk taking.
- Enable students to apply knowledge of concepts and strategies in a game setting.
- Help students understand the capabilities and limitations of the body.
- Develop positive social behavior through cooperative and competitive activities.