We are a Top 20 school
Social/emotional learning is an important part of growing up. Many of us carry negative thinking habits learned in childhood into our adult lives. Top 20 training helps scholars to identify and change negative thought patterns. This helps create a safe and healthy school community and eliminates roadblocks to clear communication and enhanced achievement. The tenets of the program include:
• Honor the absent: Speak well of those who are not present.
• Help others succeed: How could I help others succeed in ways that I am not currently doing?
• Communicate “you matter.” Listen to understand, and value differences. This reinforces our belief that we are all beloved children of God.
• See the problem, own the problem, which reinforces shared responsibility and problem solving in our school community.
Staying “above the line” means you are applying these tenets in your relationships and building positive mental habits.
Read more about Top 20 Training.
St. Peter Claver school has an immediate and urgent need for volunteers in these areas:
• Homework help with math and reading in the after school program
• Small group reading help
• Field trip chaperones
• Lunchroom/recess monitors
Please contact Volunteer Manager Margaret Conroy at 612.760.3928.
Support St. Peter Claver
Make a financial gift or volunteer; you will make a difference in the lives of our scholars!